2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Meet Shannon McGinnis

To contact us Click HERE
“10 Questions with Shannon McGinnis”
1.    What is your name, title, and HR department?  a.    Shannon McGinnis, HR Manager (soon to be Deputy Director) Human Resources, Extra Help, Temporary Services2.    What is your role in Campus Human Resources?  a.    My role is to manage the Extra Help process and provide Temporary Help temporaries to departments as needed3.    How long have you been in this role?   a.    HR Manager a little over a year, Deputy Director just recently4.    How long have you been at UIC?   a.    7 years5.    Tell us about your job positions prior to your current role? a.    I began at UIC in the Benefits Department as a Benefits Counselor.  I transferred to Employment in 2007 as a Human Resources Officer where I managed the Temporary Pool, outside agencies, and hired Status Civil Service Employees.  I was promoted to HR Manager in 2011 as I began managing the Extra Help processing in addition to my current role.6.    What do you enjoy most about your role? a.    Working with different people and helping them solve their problem.  I also enjoy making department’s jobs easier whenever possible.7.    Who are the primary customers you serve?  a.    My customers include all levels of employees on campus as well as applicants and outside vendors.8.    What projects are you working on right now? a.    I am now working on the RFP for the Background Checks, Civil Service and Extra Help processing and SUCCS audit.9.    What services do you provide to customers at UIC?  a.    We process the Extra Help paperwork, process payroll for employees in the Temporary Pool, and we contact the outside agencies when needed.10.  What do you wish more employees knew about the services you provide in this role at UIC?  a.    That our goal is to provide the best service possible and help departments in any way that we can.11.  Bonus question: What do you do for fun and relaxation?  a.     I love to read and watch football and baseball.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder